The wait is finally over! Version 12 of Lightworks for Mac OS X
As promised the Mac version of the video editing application Lightworks was released on 11th June.
The wait is finally over! Version 12 of Lightworks on Mac OS X is now available as a Public Beta. The Mac OS X version of Lightworks is now publicly available for anyone wishing to download and try it.
Version 12 of Lightworks is now on Windows, Unix and Mac OS.
New features are:
- Bins and Groups (previously racks) are now all visible within the content manager
- Multicam Bins (previously Sync groups) are now all visible within the content manager
- The Search function has been incorporated into the content manager (click the magnifying glass)
- Added Clips, Subclips, Prints, Syncs, Edits, Searches, Everything and Recent filters to the content manager
- Added ability to create and edit Filters
- Added ability to create Filters based on search criteria and manage them
- Added the ability to drag/drop files from the OS directly into an open bin (cannot import to Filters)
- Added the ability to import directly into an existing bin (cannot import to Filters)
- And much more!
Lightworks a professional tool with its roots in traditional film-based editing, and requires perseverance –
it may be free to download but its real investment is in the time you will spend with the learning curve.
But after you have spent the time you will find it easy to use, incredibly powerful.
Once you’ve done this you’ll wonder how you ever managed to achieve anything with the likes of iMovie or Windows Movie Maker. Lightworks will save you time in the long run.
Editshare the developers of Lightworks have published a short training tutorial on Lightworks for Mac – you can access the video below: