The New Features of
Final Cut Pro X 10.1.2
How and why you use them.
On 27th June Apple released an update to Final Cut Pro X. These new features do not change how Final Cut Pro is used now, they simply add to the functionality.
The most noticeable thing is the speed increase for longer projects. The best new features are the increased Flexibility to locate Render files and optimized/Proxy Media in different places. The new Voice over tool is an improvement. The ability to adjust audio on relative basis to much appreciated. Also welcome: ability to delete generated files, not just render files and ability to trash preferences on Final Cut Pro launch with Command and Option Keys.
Recommended are these plug-ins
The Apple documentation lists the new features as:
- Final Cut Pro X version 10.1.2 adds these features.
- Optimized, proxy, and rendered media can be stored at any location outside of the library
- View and set storage locations for each of your libraries using the Library Properties inspector
- Easily delete optimized, proxy, and rendered media from within Final Cut Pro X
- Used media indicators for Compound, Multicam, and Synced clips
- Option to show only unused media in the Browser
- Apply a standard (Rec. 709) look in real time to high dynamic range and wide color gamut video from ARRI, Blackmagic Design, Canon, and Sony cameras
- Automatically apply an ARRI embedded 3D LUT from the new AMIRA camera
- Support for Apple ProRes 4444 XQ
- Improved speed and accuracy when synchronizing clips
- Audio recording improvements including countdown and automatic Audition creation from multiple takes
- Fast export of cuts-only projects containing XDCAM media
- Export entire library as a single XML file
- Selecting a library displays key metadata in the Inspector
- Adjust relative and absolute volume of a clip or range selection
- Create keywords from Finder Tags when importing media
- Option to sort events by date or name in the Libraries list
- Import a clip by dragging directly into the Browser
- Share 4K video to Vimeo
Final Cut Pro version 10.1.2 also addresses the following issues
- Faster opening, closing, copying, and overall performance when working with large libraries
- Linear and smooth motion interpolation between keyframes applies to both time and distance
Apple now also suggests to before updating you create a zip file of your current Application.
Below is my video review of new features and the new transition in the Dissolve Subfolder.
This is taken from the new 14 x hour “Final Cut Pro A-Z” tutorial, soon to be released.
14 x hours of video tutorials
61 x Lessons – Download All Lessons index
Over 600 Topics:
Download Topic list – All topics A-Z